1. Depression and anxiety keep me from being able to look at this too much. Angry people ranting (almost ALWAYS justifiably) about white people and our bullshit; the give-em-a-chance, the waiting-to-see; and of course the un-woke patriarchy… I’m pretty sure the outright sympathizers are all out of here.
2. I’m divided between “Facebook and other social media have become vital to disseminating information” and “I need to make social spaces where I feel safe and supported because my physical social availability is limited.”
3. I’m also divided between “I have people (my husband and chosen family) to protect and things to protect for those people (my job, my reputation)” and “people with the same or greater challenges than I have also need my support.” Right now, I’m in “retract” phase, making accounts private, reducing my exposure.
4. I need to stay focused and choose effective action, but even choosing that effective action can involve too many options and too much research.
5. I can’t refer to the occupant of the White House by his name or title. I can’t respect him. I fear diluting my understanding and respect for the office he is now holding by even calling him by that. “Occupant” he shall be henceforth, when not calling him the Dump/Fump/Bump/Lump or other euphemism.
6. I expect you’re mostly the same? Some days, you need to be a burrito in a blanket fort, and some days, you’re all I am all the fiery awareness, fight me?
7. We just concluded the largest demonstration I’ve heard of in U.S. history and around the world. AND our current Unministration has committed to lying to us and gaslighting us and attacking us.
8. So I’ve got this new wordpress blog, and I need to put truth on there and my story and other things. #tellmesomethingtrue #thisisnotnormaland other hashtags will be used. This is what I think I will do to provide a nominal separation between chatting with friends and venting my spleen.